Thursday, March 18, 2010

NY Internationals Training

It has been about 3 weeks since we started the Gracie Diet. At this point things are starting to get a little easier. One of my biggest issues with it so far is that, I just like to snack. Even with fruit I just like to have something to munch on. Late at night after class when I get home and eat dinner I like to then just chill for a bit and eat a snack after dinner. You can't really do that though. If you have a nice steak, potatoes and salad for dinner you can't eat fruit afterward (well at least for another 4 hours). I can eat nuts and veggies if I want but sometimes I would prefer fruit. The only way I can have fruit for snack is if I have fruit for dinner and that just doesn't make much sense. Other than these issues I am enjoying it and I do feel as if my energy level has picked up a little.

I must confess that last Tuesday one of my youth students braught me in a green slice of St. Patty's Day Cake. I brought it home and my wife looked at me and said, "What is that?". I said, "One of my students braught me a piece of St. Patty's Day cake." My wife then replied, "Are you going to eat it?" "OF COURSE!" I said. "How could I not eat this? It was a special gift." I decided not to eat it until after lunch on Wednesday because I was supposed to have someone come in and roll on Wednesday and I wanted to wait until after that to put any sugar in my body. So my wife and I said we would share it after lunch on Wednesday. It turned out that the guy never showed up. He was a De La Riva Black Belt and I was looking forward to the training but for what ever reason, these kind of things never seem to work out for me. Jacob and I still rolled for about an hour straight and got a good workout. Then when I got home and ate lunch I remembered I had a piece of cake to take care of. My wife, my pregnant wife somehow managed to decline her portion so I got me a cup of coffee and a fork and ate'er up! To be honest, I haven't really desired sugar all that much. I tend to crave fruit more than anything at this point. So that is a good change.

The NY Internationals are about 6 weeks out at this point. I feel like I have been getting some good rolling in and have also been stretching and exercising regularly. I am not trying to over do it though. When my body hurts, I try to listen to it. I don't know if it because I have trained in martial arts for so many years or what but my body just can't handle it like it used to. I have been doing this stuff for 25years now! My joints are a witness to it. In any case I feel like I am doing it right and will be fully prepared by May 1st.

No comments: